The following Acts/Legislations are passed in the Department of Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Services. It is the responsibility of the Department to suitably enforce these wherever applicable.
1. The Karnataka prevention of Cow, Slaughter and Cattle Preservation Act 1964 and Rules 1967
Act to provide for the prevention of slaughter of cows, calves and cows and calves of she buffaloes and for the preservation of other cattle in state.
2. The Karnataka Cattle Trespass Act 1966 and The Karnataka Cattle trespass Rules 1971
Act to provide for the impounding of cattle damaging land or other properties and for matters connected with.
3. The Karnataka Municipal Corporators Act 1976 and Rules
Act to consolidate and amend the laws retaining to establishment of Municipal Corporations in the State of Karnataka.
4. The Karnataka Prevention of Animal Sacrifices Act 1959 and Rules
Act to Prevent animal sacrifices in or within the premises of place of worship in the state Karnataka.
5. The Karnataka Livestock Improvement Act 1961 and Rules 1969
Act to provide for the improvement of Livestock in the state of Karnataka.
6. The Livestock Importation Act 1968
Act to make better provision for the regulation of the importation of Livestock.
7. The Karnataka Sheep and Sheep Products Development Act 1973
Act to provide for establishment of a Board for the development of Sheep and Sheep Products in the state of Karnataka and for matters connected there with.
8. The Wildlife Protection Act 1972 and the Wildlife (Protection) (Karnataka) Rules 1973
Act to provide for the protection of wild animals and birds and for matters connected there with or ancillary or incidental then to.
9. The Prevention and Control of Infectious and Contagious Diseases in Animals Act 2009
Act to provide for the prevention control and eradication of infectious and contagious diseases affecting animals, for prevention of outbreak or spreading of such diseases from one State to another and to meet the International obligations of India for facilitating import and export of animals and animal products and matters connected there with incidental there to.
10. The Drugs and Cosmetic Act 1940
Act to regulate the import manufactures, distribution and sale of drugs and cosmetics.
11. The Indian Veterinary Council Act 1984 - KVD Rules 1998
Act to regulate Veterinary Practice and to provide for that purpose, for the establishment of a Veterinary Council of India and State Veterinary Councils and the maintenance of Registers of the Veterinary Practitioners and for matters connected there with.
12. Karnataka Poultry and Livestock Feeds (Regulation of Manufacturer and Sale)
Order 1987, amendment order 1991-92 to regulate manufacture and sale of cattle and poultry feeds.
13. The prevention of Cruelty to Animals Act 1960
Act to prevent the inflection of unnecessary pain or suffering on animals and for that purposes to amend the law relating to the prevention of cruelty to animals.
1. Karnataka Agribusiness and Food Processing Policy 2015
To read the complete document of the Policy, click here.