1800 425 0012
080 - 234 17 100
7am to 9pm
The Department of Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Services under 'Strengthening of Animal Disease Surveillance Network' program of Rashtriya Krishi Vikasa Yojana (RKVY) has established a 'Helpline' at the Office of Joint Director (Epidemiology) premises, Hebbal, Bengaluru - 560 024. The Helpline centre was inaugurated by Hon'ble Animal Husbandry Minister, Sri. T. B. Jayachandra, on 11th Feb, 2014.
Initially, the Helpline was operationalised to cater the needs of Bengaluru Rural, Mysore, Belagavi and Kalaburgi districts. Further, depending on the volume of the incoming calls from other districts, the Helpline services will be extended to all the districts of the State.
Farmers of the State involved in animal husbandry related activities may call to 1800 425 0012 (Toll Free) or 080-23417100, from 7am to 9pm, to obtain information from Veterinary professionals and other subject specialists working in the Department.
Information available through Helpline:
- Information about technical services available from the Department.
- Information about Socio-economic programs implemented by the Department.
- Information about training in dairying, sheep & goat rearing, rabbit rearing, piggery, poultry, etc. regularly conducted by the Department.
- Information about livestock diseases, precautionary measures to be followed for control of livestock diseases during outbreak and vaccination programs.
- Information about exotic and indigenous livestock breeds.
- Information about various diseases against which livestock are to be regularly vaccinated so as to prevent occurrence of such diseases.
- Details about loans available from various banks for animal husbandry activities.
- Details about approximate value of crossbred cows, sheep & goat, pigs and probable areas/ places of their availability.
- Information about fodder crops necessary for successful dairying.
- To facilitate delivery of emergency Veterinary services by diverting calls to the nearest available technical personnel of the Department.