Hon'ble Chief Minister has announced a new 'Pashu Bhagya' scheme in the Budget Speech 2015-16. The scheme will include:
- Backended subsidy of 33% to farmers belonging to Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribes and 25% to other small and marginal farmers will be provided to establish cattle, sheep, goat, pig, poultry units in availing maximum loan of Rs.1.20 lakh from commercial banks (The subsidy to SC/ST has been revised from 33% to 50% vide Pashu Bhagya Administrative Approval GO, dated 04-08-2015).
- Short term loans upto Rs.50,000/- at 0% interest will be provided through Co-operative Banks, on the lines of crop loan, for providing cattle feed/other maintenance expenditure.
- Subsidy will be provided to the members of Milk Producers' Co-operative Societies for payment of insurance premiums upto 5 cattle.
- The scheme of providing Rs.5,000/- ex-gratia under 'Kurigahi Suraksha Scheme' will be continued. A grant of Rs.5.00 crore will be provided for this program.
Other programs & schemes
Other programs and schemes implemented by the department are:
- Centrally Sponsored Schemes (CSS)
- National Project on Rinderpest Eradication (NPRE)
- Assistance to State for control of Animal Diseases (ASCAD)
- Foot and Mouth Disease Control Programme (FMD-CP)
- National Animal Disease Reporting System (NADRS)
- National Control Programme on peste des petites Ruminants (NCP-PPR)
- National Programme for Brucellosis Control
- Establishment and Strengthening of existing veterinary Hospitals and Dispensaries (ESVHD)
- Breed development
- Livestock insurance scheme
- Special livestock development plan
- Special component plan (SCP)
- Tribal sub plan (TSP)
- Infertility camps
- Fodder development scheme
- farmers training programme, etc.
Overview of AH&VS Schemes and Benefits